My Manfrotto Pixi Evo head has fallen apart
Q: My Manfrotto Pixi Evo Head has fallen apart, is there anything I can do?
A: We have had a couple of the Manfrotto Pixi Evo's sent back to us with the same issue (which is caused by over-tightening), so we though we would share how to repair them really easily and cheaply.
There is a 4mm E-Clip than can snap, if over tightened, which causes the tripod mount screw to fall out of the tripod head.
To repair it you simply need a new 4mm E-Clip, which can be purchased from eBay or a hardware store for less than a couple of pounds (You'll also get more than one, so you'll have a few spares!).
- Remove the rubber pad from the top of the tripod head (we have found this can be done with your fingers or by using a flat head screw driver)
- Place your new 4mm E-Clip on the plastic adjustment wheel as shown below;
- Carefully slot the adjustment wheel back into the tripod head (making sure the E-Clip stays in place) and then reinsert the tripod mount screw as below;
- Now with a small screwdriver, push the E-Clip forward until it snaps into place on the tripod mount screw;
- You can then replace the rubber pad and you are good to go!