My Sigma lens is not working in LiveView with my Canon 750D/760D, is this correct?
Q: My Sigma lens is not working in LiveView with my Canon 750D/760D, is this correct?
A: Sigma have found that Live View Mode cannot be used on the 760D and 750D (released on April 17th 2015 by Canon) with some of SIGMA’s Canon mount interchangeable lenses. For those who own the lenses, Sigma are going to provide a firmware update free of charge.
The following is a copy of the Press Release by Sigma specifying the issue, an electronic copy can also be found on: This Link
When the Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed, the operation stops without displaying images on the rear LCD monitor.
[Products and Serial Numbers requiring the firmware update]
- 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM No. 12651501 or later
- 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM No. 13044001 or later
- APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM No. 12713001 or later
- APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM No. 12902001 or later
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports No. 50064494~ 50347793
- APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM No. 12669751 or later
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM No. 12665001 or later
- 18-200mm F3.5-6.3ⅡDC OS HSM No. 12851001 or later
- 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM No. 12656101 or later
- APO 50-150mmF2.8 EX DC OS HSM No. 12839001 or later
- APO 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM No. 12676440 or later
- APO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM No. 12971601 or later
*For lenses that have been repaired in the past, they may require the firmware update even when the serial number is not listed above. In case the mentioned camera does not display images on the rear LCD monitor when Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed, the firmware update is necessary.
Sigma will make a further announcement when the firmware update becomes available.
For those who own the SIGMA USB DOCK, it will be possible to update the firmware of 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports through SIGMA Optimization Pro. Sigma will also announce its availability when the update is available.
*If you use the SIGMA USB DOCK with 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports, even when the lens does not require the update, its firmware will be updated to the new version.
*For those who use APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG or APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG with the 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports, please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary / distributor of SIGMA for further support.